Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Saturday morning bakers

It's never good to hear the vacuum cleaner, unless you, the parent, turned it on. But that's what I heard this morning while I was upstairs, Mom was sleeping and the boys were downstairs.

Our boys are not typically helpful. They're destructive. They're messy. And it would be out of character to turn on the vacuum out of the goodness of their hearts. So I knew that vacuum was not a good sound.

I took my time getting downstairs, because whatever damage had been done, was done. This is the scene that greeted me. Josh, giving the Saturday morning pancake operation a jumpstart, had dumped the Bisquick everywhere but the bowl. To give him credit, he was trying to clean it up, first with extensive lengths of paper towels, then with the vacuum. I invited him to leave the kitchen while I finished the cleanup, and 5 minutes later the pancake operation was back in business.

If you have your own children baking stories, share them below. I'm sure some of you have helpful little kitchen workers :)

1 comment:

  1. At least they dressed themselves.. Watch out, looks like your middle son is trying to hide a leaveblower...

    ReplyDelete